Thursday, January 13, 2011

There's Been a BIG Change in Plans

The view from my house is about to change from this - 

View from our back deck - cold!

To possibly this - 

Wentworth Estate

Or on occasion this -

Ascot Racecourse

And as far as new neighbors - 

Windsor Castle

Perhaps the queen herself!  

What's going on here you say?  For those that don't know about our BIG change in plans here they are.  Several months ago my husband was offered the position of Country Manager for France, UK and Ireland with the company for which he works.  What!?!?!? we said.  I am pregnant after all and we still have things to finish with our current house remodel and we just moved less than two years ago... At this point I can't believe we ever hesitated to say yes, but the idea did take some processing.  In about 45 days we are leaving snowy Indianapolis (thank the Lord) for sunny (let's pretend about this OK?) England.  Mike has been in North Africa (Morocco specifically - so jealous!), England and now Austria for 2 weeks now.  I fly over to England on Saturday for the two of us to spend next week house, school, doctor and hospital hunting. The areas we will be exploring to live are Virgina Water, Ascot and Sunningdale.  Thus my possibilities on new views in my future neighborhood.  If we choose one of these areas Windsor Castle will be just around the corner.  For real.  Stay posted as Mike and I pretend we are on "House Hunters International".

8 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and blessings on your new move!
    Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and I know exactly the area you'll be looking at. You won't be able to process how GREEN it is.

    Take good care of yourself and safe travels.

    xoxo,

    Raina

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, can I be your new bff and come visit? What an amazing opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sharon when you have big news you don't mess around! Congrats on your exciting opportunity and please do keep blogging along the way - probably the only way I'll get to see this part of the world. Best wishes to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon OMG I am stunned I bet you are in a little state of shock!!

    Dream come true, although Paris is way up there on the list too!

    Come and join in my Gorgeous Giveaway from Blydesign!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY SHIZNIZZLE!!! I've become addicted to House Hunters International as of late and will be (jealously!) following along on your adventure.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo-hoo! I'm going to pretend you're actually moving to Knightsbridge and are living the life of Patsy and Edina.

    ReplyDelete